Electrical cables are sensitive and needed to be kept hidden to prevent unnecessary accidents. XLPE power cables manufacturers would like to share safety guide with you all. To avoid mishaps and fire accidents, they bring certain tips that you can follow and protect your home or site against hazardous risks.
Read these tips and apply in your life whenever you have to deal with power cables:
- Keep exposed cords out of the path of foot traffic and furniture to prevent overheating, fraying, and tripping.
- Never run a cord under a rug. If you run a cord under cover, it will prevent the cable from releasing its heat and this could result in fire incident.
- It is important to avoid dangling cords anywhere. At such time, they can be pulled down and tripped over.
- Do check that there is no crimping or pressure on cords. Never force the cables and cords to fit into small spaces or behind furniture. Over time, this could result in breakdown of the insulation of cord. When using devices like plastic spiral wire wrap, you must avoid cramming too many cables together. Keep them loose.
- Never use nails or staples to connect cords or cord bundlers to a surface like a wall or a baseboard. This could damage the cord insulation and create a fire or shock hazard.
- Never overload extension cords or outlets with too many applications or appliances with excessive wattage. Check the maximum capacity of an extension cord and ensure you don’t exceed it.
- Don’t use an adapter to acquire an extension cord using a three-prong plug into a two-prong outlet.
- Don’t plug extension cords together. If you require longer cord, bring one for your use.
- Never use an extension cord to plug in a power strip. You should buy a strip instead with a longer cord.
- It is advisable not to use a cord if it is hot to touch.
All these great tips are shared by manufacturers of power cables that supply complete range of cords and cables including electrical cables, industrial cables, XLPE power cables, etc. If you need to import premium range of power cables, you can connect with cable manufacturer like ultra cab wires and avail assorted range of cables and wires at reasonable rates. For feedback, you can make comments below.
The makers of USB extension cables bring the latest USB type C connector that fit to laptops and smartphones, and several other devices. However, there are many USB C cables poorly designed by manufacturers and such cables could potentially damage your hardware. This is why you need to be alert before buying any USB type C cables for your brand new hardware devices. There are certain specifications you need to look up to ensure that your device is complaint with the USB C cable or not.
How poorly designed USB C cables can damage your hardware?
The issue is specifically with cables that has a USB Type C connector on one end and older USB connector on the other end. For instance, there are many devices that still use USB Type A. When you get a USB type C device, you may want to use the USB Type as a charging cable for your older laptop or power blocks.
The issue- USB Type C devices can support faster charging, you may find it great. However, the most USB Type a devices were never intended by manufacturers to offer as much power as a USB Type C device can consume.
Suppose you have a computer with an older USB port i.e. Type A and a new smartphone with the new USB port i.e. Type C. You’d connect the computer to the smartphone using the USB type A to USB type C. Precisely designed cable helps prevent the smartphone from drawing excess power from the computer’s USB port. The poorly designed cable will let the smartphone to draw too much of power and this could damage your computer or its USB port.
Even the manufacturers of smartphone have shipped bad cables. Prior buying a cable with a USB Type C connector at one end and an older USB connector at another, you need to ensure that it is specifically designed as per the USB C specifications and won’t damage your devices.
Read reviews online before buying these cables from eCommerce stores. Note down the names of manufacturers who meet the requirements and avail best designed USB extension cables from them. You can direct contact companies and get delivery at home or else visit the store of the retailer that is selling manufacturer’s products at decent rates.
We would be glad if you could share your thoughts and views for this post.